Presented by Jed Schneider.
- Git can be used for deployment, dependency management, dlivery pipelines, and—oh yeah—versioning.
- Commit messages are about telling a good story. Tell your team what your commit is doing.
git blame foo.rbwill reveal information about commits in
- Reference issue/ticket numbers in commits that resolve or address issues/tickets.
- Always work in a topic (feature) branch!
- Rebase and compress work-in-progress commits into a single, meaningful commit when merging into master. Keeps master’s history relatively clean with valuable commit messages.
git rebase -i masterfor interactive rebases.