Presented by Tiffany France.
- The biggest benefit has to do with user experience.
- Single-page applications (SPAs) are supposed to provide an "app-like experience."
Users respond to speed
- A half second caused a 20% drop in Google's traffic on search result pages.
- For Amazon, a 100 millisecond delay caused a "substantial and costly drop in revenue."
- Shopzilla redesigned, focusing on page load time, and saw a 25% increase in page views and a 7-12% increase in revenue.
SPAs improve latency by offsetting server work to the client (the browser).
SPAs selectively load page fragments.
localStorageto remember user actions.
Reduces load time by using templates.
Uses AJAX for tasks.
An introductory tutorial for developing a PhoneGap Application.