Presented by Tiffany France.
- The biggest benefit has to do with user experience.
- Single-page applications (SPAs) are supposed to provide an “app-like experience.”
Users respond to speed
- A half second caused a 20% drop in Google’s traffic on search result pages.
- For Amazon, a 100 millisecond delay caused a “substantial and costly drop in revenue.”
- Shopzilla redesigned, focusing on page load time, and saw a 25% increase in page views and a 7-12% increase in revenue.
- SPAs improve latency by offsetting server work to the client (the browser).
- SPAs selectively load page fragments.
localStorageto remember user actions.
- Reduces load time by using templates.
Uses AJAX for tasks.
- An introductory tutorial for developing a PhoneGap Application.