Presented by Jonathan Hoefler.
- Webfonts date to 1997 with Internet Explorer 4.
- Plantin’s Index Characterum of 1567 - an early typographic styleguide
- Hoefler Text (1991) designed to extend standard digital character set by adding ligatures, etc.
- Retina typeface with ink traps (article referencing this typeface)
A good typeface solves problems.
A webfont is not a proxy for the real thing, it’s a new creation.
- Hoefler & Co.'s cloud.typography
- Obama’s 2008 campaign website was the first to use Hoefler & Co.'s webfont service.
- Outdated Browser using Hoefler webfonts
- Rdio uses Hoefler webfonts