Presented by Ghaida Zahran.
- Zurb created Foundation as a way to help people be more consistent with their design.
- Started with the grid, then built a style guide on top of the grid.
- Zurb didn’t want to create Yet Another Front-End Boilerplate.
- Foundation is responsive from the ground up.
- Be opinionated, but not too opinionated.
- Build something greater than yourself.
- There will always be naysayers. Embrace the naysayers.
- Fail fast. Failing is part of the process. You will learn more from your failures than your successes.
We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. — Harlan Ellison
- You have to let feedback inform your product decisions. Zurb shipped Foundation with Zepto and only found out that was the wrong choice through user feedback.
- Don’t let philosophy get in the way of functionality.
- You’ll learn more about your product by having to defend your decisions. Customers will inevitably question your decisions and will offer solutions to problems that you hadn’t considered.
- Feedback and Iteration will make your product better.